Thursday, August 25, 2011

Tim Ferris "I Love You" "I Hate You".....

So, I'm feeling pretty disgusted with myself right about now after reading through some of Tim Ferris' "Four Hour Work Week" Blog on the "Four Hour Body".  Reading his input and dedication to "making it happen" and "keeping it happening" with his body (and really his whole lifestyle) and what people can do with reshaping and their bodies and denying the genetics by doing things that reverse alot of "what was promised to you by your family genes" (LOL), made me just roll my eyes at myself.

I'm just totally annoyed with myself because I'm writing a book called "Thin Forever", and I know this information is something that people can benefit from and that even I myself will benefit from (writing it was based upon my own personal inspiration of what to accomplish as a "life goal"--and I don't mean getting physically "thin")....and yet, I haven't picked up the manuscript for 'at least' the last 5 months---TRAGIC!  "What a dope!"  That's what I said to myself after being first totally inspired and then totally annoyed by Tim Ferris' complete dedication to his craft. "What I am doing with time?" I asked myself a few minutes ago.

I know I need to complete this book too, because in addition to the compiled information I need to share with the world through the book, I also gain a sort of "self-therapy" by dialoguing on certain personal situations of my own within those written pages---Helping my own crazy self to be motivated, to accomplish the very goals I have set before me in recent years (finishing all the books, I've 'started', completing my music albums, releasing music, compiling my artwork and making it available to the world, etc ETC ETC!!!).

On top of everything, a personal acquaintance of mine just left for Africa yesterday (he's traveling to Tanzania, Cameroon, and landing in Dubai over a period of 2 months).  We made a bet the night before he left.  I said, "when you get back I will have lost 30 pounds".  His eyes widened (he loooves a bet!)...He was like, "Bet, then I'm gonna lose 15 pounds...what's the bet?"  We didn't settle on what the winnings would be.  But, I really need to use this time not only to WIN THE BET, but also to inspire myself by committing more thoughts to paper in getting this book completely finished, if not at least nearly so before he gets back---especially since I'm sure he will want to bet some unimaginable crazy act for me to perform if I lose the bet when he gets back...Ha! AND in general, the first thing he always asks me is "soooo, Kim Dean what have you accomplished since I've been gone----how's your book coming, did you write anything?" (gritting my teeth right now)  ...I hate when my answer is a very low, barely audible "no"...ugh!)---NOT happening this time!!

At any rate, Tim Ferris, first of all "Thank you for the inspiration---I love you", and secondly, "You make me sick, because you've pointed out (Big Sigh---through no fault of your own) how severely lacking and unproductive I have been in recent months--I hate you".  But, mostly, thanks!  I'm on it now!  (Note to All:  I have just submitted the copyright registration to the Library of Congress for the part of the manuscript I have written as a way to inspire myself to "get on it and get it done!" as well as I will be creating a blog on "Thin Forever" to keep myself 'and others' motivated on a weekly, if not a daily basis!

Yep (as Looney Toons used to say), so "that's it folks", we have to motivate ourselves towards accomplishment an stay on the beaten path to success!  Thanks Tim!