Wednesday, August 31, 2011

What I Like About T.G.I.Fridays

I was sitting in TGI Fridays yesterday, and as I ate my snack and drank my drink, I looked around me taking in all the commotion and activity of the people who came to enjoy Fridays as I had. I watched the Sports TV for a bit, then turned my attention to the newscast on another TV.  People talked in their groups, laughed amongst themselves at their tables.  Families, friends, people on dates, singles, guys, gals...everybody just doing their own thing.

Quietly, I read my incoming text messages and responded to them and minded my own business.  As the night grew on more and more people came the "buzz" of laughter, talking, glasses clinking, TV noise got louder and louder.  I closed my eyes and let myself just settle into the noise around me, being there with the noise, but sitting comfortably by myself at the bar, not actually participating in the "buzz".

That's when I said to myself, "this is why I like Fridays".

You can look around and see as you come in that there are attractive, available people there, but if you just come in sit down and mind your own business...nobody bothers you.  You can see the appreciative look of the men when you sit down,  but if you don't invite them over with your eyes or a lingering smile, they just let you be.  That's what I like about Fridays.

You can sit down at the bar, lose yourself in your thoughts, your drink, your food, your TV channel, your mood and you can pretty much count on people letting you do just that.  That's what I like about Fridays.

I need to unwind alot these days.  Things have been more than stressful for me in many areas of my life for quite some time now...and lately it just seems to be at an all time high.  So, when I want to go somewhere, and I just want to brood, or just sit and think..when I need a destination, and not just be at home, I like that I can go to Fridays, and do just that.

And that's what I like about T.G.I. Fridays.